Total Pageviews

Friday, May 18, 2012

Such is Life


So, I took the kids to see The Avengers last night. Great movie, but I chose the wrong spot because the two teenagers seated next to me decided to text throughout the entire movie.
Every few minutes, the glow from their phones lit up our aisle and the tap-tap-tapping of their fingers crawled under my skin.
I really wanted to say something. I wanted to find the perfect words that would help them to understand how rude their behavior was and maybe help them learn to make better choices in the future, but it was a lost cause. I knew that it was hopeless. Why was I so sure of that?
Their parents were sitting right next to them!

2 comments:

  1. I have had luck speaking to the theater staff. When they ask kids to turn off cell phones, parents get the message too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! I hate it when parents don't parent!!! Sounds like time to call in the officials!

    ReplyDelete